Homeopathy provides the most comprehensive solutions for chronic pain that I have found in my 40 plus years of integrative practice. Homeopathy, like Chiropractic, addresses the underlying causes behind pain. Homeopathy is all-natural, safe, effective, non-addictive, no known side effects, no known contraindications, and provides the best answers the world drastically needs now. Combined with Chiropractic and the natural healing techniques that we provide, complimentary to all Doctors of Chiropractic, homeopathy will empower the practitioner with the best answers to chronic pain on the planet.
More than a third of Americans are experiencing chronic pain. That’s more than any of the chronic diseases plaguing our world today including cancer, heart disease, and diabetes combined. Adding to this nightmare of chronic pain, Americans are reporting each year, an increase in the severity of the chronic pain they are experiencing.
Chronic pain is a messenger that should never be shot or suppressed long term. The practitioner that seeks to find and fix the underlying cause of chronic pain will find themselves on the path to great success and personal fulfillment in their practice.
When it comes to chronic pain people are quickly learning that they cannot live by suppression alone. This is a great season and opportunity for Chiropractors to shine. Specially equipped with the following tools, the DC will offer the most effective solutions to the chronic pain pandemic. The practitioners that offer the real solutions to the causes of chronic pain will surely shine, be sought after, be highly esteemed, and make a premium income from the quality services and results they provide.
So, what are the tools that address the underlying causes behind chronic pain? It is not long-term use of suppressive drugs.
1. Chiropractic. Good sound structural alignment techniques. Remember Thomas Edison’s quote: “The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.”
2. Therapeutic techniques to restore the structural integrity of the body including muscle, tendon and ligament therapies that we provide to our D.C.s
3. Homeopathy to awaken the vital force, or innate intelligence of the body’s energetic control networks to heal and restore. Homeopathy is like Chiropractic in a bottle, correcting nerve interferences throughout the brain and body where the hands of the Chiropractor cannot, addressing the causes behind the issues. Homeopathy actually empowers the Chiropractor to correct interference throughout the whole nervous system, helping the whole person.
4. Diet & Nutrition. Basics of diet and nutritional supplementation.
5. Lifestyle basics. See my book, “The Healing Revolution.”
From my many years of integrative health care, homeopathy has supplied and secured a primary essential role in the care and correction of chronic pain. We have found the most effective homeopathic remedies for chronic pain, directly addressing arthritic pain, inflammation, rheumatic pain, chronic recurring neck, back and low back pain, degeneration of the joints, stiffness and swelling of the joints, old joint injuries, bone injuries, hip and pelvic pain and degeneration, restless limbs, nerve pain, weakness in the joints, chronic pain in the small and large joints of the body including the hands, feet, jaw, shoulders, knees, ankles and spine.
The following 23 homeopathic ingredients are my top remedies for the successful correction of chronic pain. The claims following each homeopathic ingredient are from human clinical studies called “provings” and listed in the Homeopathic Materia Medicas. Different from nutrition and herbs, these homeopathic ingredients can make the following claims.
Actaea spicata(Baneberry) (Boericke):A rheumatic remedy, especially of the small joints with tearing and tingling pains. Rheumatism in wrist, fingers, knees, ankles and toes. Swelling of joints. Paralytic weakness in hands. Lame feeling in arms. Provides relief from tearing, spasmodic and throbbing pain. Tearing pains in loins.
Aesculus hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) (Boericke):Backache; pain. Aching and soreness in limbs. Backache affecting sacrum and hips. Soles feel sore, tired, and swollen. Chilliness up and down back. Fever.
Arnica montana(Mountain Arnica) (Boericke):A muscular tonic. Limbs and body ache as if beaten; joints as if strained. Rheumatism of muscular and tendon tissue, especially of back and shoulders. Cannot bear pain; whole body oversensitive. Sore, lame, bruised feeling. Gout. Pain in back and limbs, as if bruised or beaten. Nervous, cannot bear pain. Whole body sensitive. Cannot walk erect.
Bellis perennis (Daisy) (Boericke): Much muscular soreness. Lameness as if sprained. Excellent remedy for sprains and bruises. Rheumatic symptoms. Sore joints and muscles. Sprains with great soreness. Sore, bruised feeling in the pelvic region.
Bryonia (Bryony) (Boericke): Provides a powerful influence on all serous membranes, relieves aching in every muscle. For relief of great soreness, weakness, stiffness. Headache. Painful stiffness in nape of neck. Knees stiff and painful. Joints red, swollen and hot. Physical weakness and all pervading apathy. Constant motion of left arm and leg.
Calcarea carbonica (Carbonate of Lime) (Boericke): Relief of rheumatoid pains. Rheumatism in lumbar region, weakness in small of back. Neck stiff and rigid. For swelling of joints especially knee. Cold knees, cramps in calves. Weakness of extremities. Abscesses in deep muscles. Tearing in muscles. Back pain as if sprained, can scarcely rise.
Calcarea fluorica (Fluoride of Lime) (Boericke): For malnutrition of bones. Pain lower part of back, with burning. Ganglia or encysted tumors at the back of the wrist. Gouty enlargements of the joints of the fingers. Exostoses on fingers. Chronic synovitis of knee-joint.
Causticum (Tinctura acris sine Kali) (Boericke): Action is mainly in chronic rheumatic, arthritic and paralytic affections, indicated by the tearing, drawing pains in the muscular and fibrous tissues with deformities about the joints. For progressive loss of muscular strength, for dull, tearing pain in hands and arms. For relief of weakness of muscles.
Cimicifuga racemosa (Black Snake-Root) (Boericke):Especially useful in rheumatic. Uneasy, restless feeling in limbs. Aching in limbs and muscular soreness. Rheumatism affecting the belly of muscles, especially large muscles. Jerking of limbs. Heaviness in lower extremities. Also for great depression. Nausea and vomiting caused by pressure on spine and cervical region.
Formicum acidum (Formic Acid) (Boericke): An arthritic medicine. Gout and articular rheumatism. Chronic gout and stiffness in joints. Rheumatic pains, stiff and contracted joints. Muscles feel strained and torn from their attachments. For weakness of lower extremities. Pain in hips. Nodes around joints.
Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s Wort) (Boericke): Great remedy for injuries to nerves. Darting pain in shoulders. Cramps in calves. Pain in toes and fingers, especially in tips. Joints feel bruised. Hysterical joints. Jerking and twitching of muscles. Excessive painfulness. Useful for punctured wounds.
Ledum palustre (Wild Rosemary) (Boericke):Throbbing in right shoulder. Cracking in joints. Ankles swollen. Gouty pains shoot all through the foot and limb and in joints, but especially small joints. Rheumatism begins in lower limbs and ascends. Easy spraining of ankle.
Lithium carbonicum (Carbonae of Lithium) (Boericke):Chronic rheumatism. Whole body sore. Gout and tophi. Rheumatic soreness in cardiac region. Paralytic stiffness all over. Rheumatic pains throughout shoulder-joint, arm, and fingers and small joints generally. Swelling and tenderness of finger and toe joints. Nodular swellings in joints.
Magnesia phosphorica (Magnesium Phosphate) (Boericke): The great anti-spasmodic remedy. Cramps in calves. Weakness in arms and hands. General muscular weakness. For cramping of muscles with radiating pains. Neuralgic pains. Laments all the time about the pain. Sciatica.
Phosphorus (Phosphorus) (Boericke):For irritations and inflammations. Inflammation of the respiratory tract. Paralytic symptoms. Burning pains in head. Tearing pain in facial bones. Burning in back; weak spine. Stitches in elbow and shoulder joints. Joints suddenly give way.
Phytolacca decandra (Poke-root) (Boericke):A great remedy for aching, soreness, restlessness and prostration. Shooting pain in right shoulder with stiffness and inability to raise arm. Rheumatic pains. Pain in under side of thighs. Aching of heels, relieved by elevating feet. Pain in legs, ankles, feet and feet puffed. Relief of stiff back.
Pulsatilla (Wind Flower) (Boericke): For drawing, tensive pain in thighs and legs with restlessness, sleeplessness and chilliness. For relief of pain in limbs, numbness around elbow. Helps hip-joint pain, swollen knees with tearing, drawing pains. Legs feel heavy and weary.
Rhododendron chrysanthum (Snow Rose) (Boericke): Rheumatic and gouty symptoms. Rheumatism in hot season. Joints swollen. Rheumatic tearing in all limbs. Stiffness of neck. Pain in shoulders, arms, wrists. Provides relief of swollen joints, gouty inflammation of great toe-joint. For relief of pain in bones. Jerking pain involving dental nerves.
Rhus toxicodendron (Poison Ivy) (Boericke): For rheumatic pains. Hot, painful swelling of joints. Pains, tearing in tendons and ligaments. For relief of pain between shoulders on swallowing. Helps hot, painful swelling of joints and tingling in feet. Rheumatic pains in neck, loins and extremities. Ailment from strains. Pain and stiffness in small of back. Tearing in tendons, ligaments. Tenderness about knee joints. Loss of power in forearm and fingers.
Ruta graveolens (Rue) (Boericke): All parts of the body are painful as if bruised. Lameness after sprains. Injured “bruised” bones. Spine and limbs feel bruised. Small of back and loins pain. Pain in bones of feet and ankles. Pain and stiffness in wrists and hands. Contraction of fingers. Great restlessness. Sprains and lameness after sprains.
Salicylicum acidum (Salicylic Acid) (Boericke): Useful for swollen, painful knees and for acute rheumatism. For sciatica burning pain. Piercing pain in temples.
Sepia (Inky Juice of Cuttlefish) (Boericke): Lower extremities lame and stiff. Heaviness and bruised feeling. Restlessness in all limbs, twitching and jerkings night and day. Pain in heel. Weakness in small of back. Pains extend into back.
Zincum metallicum (Zinc) (Boericke):Spinal affections; twitchings. Pain, as if between skin and flesh. Pain in small of back. Tension and stinging between shoulders. Spinal irritation. Lameness, weakness, trembling and twitching of various muscles. Transverse pains.
The following broad spectrum of homeopathic potencies have provided the broadest spectrum of therapeutic results. These potencies include:
1. 10X potency to address the simpler more superficial symptoms related to chronic pain.
2. 30X potency to address the internal related metabolic functions of the body to regulate nutritional utilization, and basic organ functions related to chronic pain control.
3. 100X potency to address the deeper internal related metabolic functions of the body such as more complex hormonal communications, inflammation control and homeostasis related to chronic pain control.
4. 1LM potency to address the mental, emotional and genetic predispositions we have inherited from as deep as the past 10 generations.
5. 2LM potency to address the same as above in a deeper perspective.
6. 3LM potency to address the same as above in a deeper perspective.
7. 5LM potency to address the same as above in a deeper perspective.
The LM potencies in Homeopathy were developed by the founder of Homeopathy, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, in the last decade of his homeopathic research. Dr Hahnemann called the LM potencies the most perfect potencies in the 6th addition of the Organon, the authoritative text of Homeopathy. Dr Hahnemann found the LM potencies to function more effectively in all realms of the body; physically, mentally, emotionally and genetically. The LM potencies worked deeper and were gentler in their corrective actions. They did not create the healing crises or detox reactions that the single potencies of the X and C may cause, especially in chronic complex conditions.
A phase III study on using a pure water based homeopathic spray included all the above ingredients with 53 completed patients with musculo-skeletal chronic pain to assess the efficacy and safety of the homeopathic spray formulation. All the subjects had long-term pain of at least 2 years or more. There were significant improvements in all parameters of WOMAC Questionnaire i.e. Pain, Joint Stiffness and Physical function, as well as health assessment parameters of HAQ questionnaire which shows the effectiveness of the homeopathic pain spray.
Subjects also showed an increase in serotonin and decreases of urinary catecholamines and urinary cortisol, and significant reductions in the total of the QOL and WOMAC combined pain responses, confirming a decrease in stress and pain for these subjects.
Safety: No serious adverse event has been reported by any patient enrolled in the study.
Efficacy: As per the study protocol the treatment of patients with chronic musculo-skeletal pain with homeopathic spray showed a significant improvement in a short span of 14 days.
The study was performed by Apothecaries Private Limited
Results rule, especially when it comes to Pain. Homeopathy rules when it comes to results with pain. Homeopathy provides fast results and long-term corrective results as well.
1. Fast Results. Homeopathy provides the fastest delivery system of any form of treatment. Being an energetic medicine, homeopathy works through the nervous system and other energetic pathways like the acupuncture system. With the average nerve speed of 200 MPH, the healing responses of homeopathy are delivered to all 100 trillion cells of the body in approximately 5 seconds. That’s much faster than the 15-20 minutes of the metabolic pathways. When taken orally, homeopathy is first absorbed through the sublingual pathway, sending the healing messages to every cell of the body. Applied topically the nerve endings in the skin send the healing messages of the homeopathic remedy along the nerve pathways as well. We also recommend olfactory dosing. With a pure water spray this is easily accomplished without any problems or discomforts by simply spraying the mist in front of the face and breathing in a small amount in the air in through the olfactory pathways, that go into the frontal lobes of the brain and awaken the limbic system to provide the deepest therapeutic effects through our inner control networks. Each of the three delivery systems (orally, topically and olfactory) provide a therapeutic realm the others may not.
2. Long-Term Corrective Results. Homeopathy with its long-term effects using multiple potencies will provide deeper more complete corrections from injuries. Most injuries will leave residual damage and dysfunction. Long after the pain has resided and we think we are healed, deeper damage and dysfunction is commonly left behind. The deeper damage and dysfunction is found by palpation and muscle testing. Deep palpation around the associated joint will show tenderness at the origin and insertion areas of the tendons and ligaments. Testing the associated muscles will demonstrate weakness. These residual weaknesses create lack of stability of the joint. This is like an accident waiting to happen. Either a recurrence of the injury, a worse injury of degeneration over time can occur. All this can be corrected and prevented using thorough Chiropractic technique, muscluo-skeletal techniques and homeopathy to work deeper to correct full musculo-skeletal functions. See my CHIROFREEINFO article called, Chiropractic & Homeopathy: Tried & True Healing Techniques for Pain Relief.
Homeopathy will commonly provide results within a few seconds to minutes in many cases. It will also shorten the healing time significantly. Everyone wants to go to the Chiropractor that provides faster and more permanent results. Some practitioners may think this could mean less visits and less money. I have found the opposite to be true. Word gets around about better results. We built a million dollar plus practice a year in the 1980’s that was built to better results. People would comment on getting results that other Chiropractors could not achieve. So many times, we would hear our patients pleasure on how much quicker we achieved results in a fraction of the visits. This is the Chiropractor people are seeking, bragging about and referring more people too.
The better your results, the more people will listen to and commit to long term care. Homeopathy will be a fast and dynamic way to broaden you scope of practice. Homeopathy will help with most any acute problem such as allergies, headaches, sinus, migraines, heart burn, indigestion, fatigue, constipation, diarrhea, sciatica, stress, anxiety, and even hemorrhoids. Homeopathy will equip you to better help people with a wide range of acute pain issues.
The above homeopathic remedies and potencies will empower the Chiropractor with an armamentarium to address the complexities behind many of the causes of chronic pain. Combining these ingredients and potencies has proven most effective and a simple way to powerfully address the chronic pain pandemic, without doing extensive training or travel. I encourage every chiropractor out there to be the best you can be. Take on tackling chronic pain with the added armamentarium of homeopathic empowerment. Being able to provide fast, safe, all-natural and corrective results with no known side effects, no known negative drug interactions, no known contraindications and no known addictions, will perfectly compliment the success of your Chiropractic practice.
See my previous articles on CHIROFREEINFO.COM including:
1. Chiropractic & Homeopathy: Tried and True Healing Techniques for Pain Relief
2. Empowering the Chiropractor to Better Correct Pain with Homeopathy
3. Homeopathy is Like Chiropractic in a Bottle
4. Advanced Detoxification and Desensitization of Toxins with Homeopathy and New Healing Techniques
5. Candida-The 21st Century Pandemic
About the Author:
Dr. Frank King, a Doctor of Naturopathy and Chiropractic, is a nationally recognized researcher, homeopath, speaker, naturalist, and the author of The Healing Revolution. He is also the founder and president of King Bio, an FDA-registered natural pharmaceutical manufacturer.
SafeCareRx, his high-potency professional line, is exclusively used in offices and clinics nationwide by Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, Naturopaths, and Medical doctors. With a background in natural health care spanning 40 years, Dr. King shares a wealth of knowledge and insights regarding how practitioners can become even more effective with unique healing techniques, and how contemporary homeopathic remedies can enhance all other healing modalities.